We live in a dynamic world of content marketing where creating fresh and engaging content is a constant challenge. It takes time, resources, and creativity to consistently produce new material.
However, there’s a hidden treasure trove of content right at your fingertips: your existing content. Content repurposing is the art of taking your old, valuable content and giving it new life. Let’s explore the benefits of content repurposing and provide a step-by-step guide on how to get more mileage out of your existing content.
The Benefits of Content Repurposing
- Maximizing ROI: Content creation can be resource-intensive. Repurposing allows you to make the most of your investment by extending the life of your content.
- Reaching a New Audience: Different content formats and platforms appeal to various audiences. Repurposing content enables you to reach a broader spectrum of people.
- Enhancing SEO: Search engines love fresh content. By repurposing, updating, and resharing content, you can improve your website’s SEO and increase its visibility in search results.
- Boosting Engagement: Repurposing can rekindle interest in your content. If a blog post gains new life as a video or infographic, it’s more likely to engage your audience.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Content Repurposing
- Content Audit: Start by taking an inventory of your existing content. Identify high-performing pieces or evergreen content that could benefit from a refresh. This could be blog posts, videos, podcasts, infographics, or any other content type.
- Define Your Goals: Determine what you want to achieve with your repurposed content. Are you looking to increase website traffic, generate leads, or boost social media engagement? Having clear goals will guide your repurposing strategy.
- Adapt the Format: One of the most common forms of repurposing is changing the format of the content. For example, turn a popular blog post into a video or podcast. Different formats cater to different audience preferences.
Protip: Email marketing is the best way to repurpose your content as it reaches to a wider audience with ease while giving them a personalized experience. Use email finder tools like GetEmail.io to connect as well as engage with your target audience.
- Update and Optimize: Before republishing, update the content. Ensure that statistics, facts, and any time-sensitive information are current. Optimize it for the new platform, be it a YouTube video, Instagram post, or LinkedIn article.
- Create Visuals: Incorporate visuals like images, infographics, or slides to make your content more engaging. Visuals can turn a lengthy blog post into a captivating slideshow, increasing shareability.
- Segment Content: Break down comprehensive content into smaller, more digestible parts. For instance, a comprehensive guide can be split into a series of blog posts, each focusing on a specific aspect.
- Leverage User-Generated Content: Encourage your audience to create content around your original content. This can include reviews, testimonials, or creative responses. User-generated content can be repurposed to build trust and authenticity.
- Repurpose for Social Media: Share snippets, quotes, or key takeaways from your content on social media platforms. This not only directs traffic to your website but also helps in maintaining an active social media presence.
- Create Compilations: Gather related content and create compilations or round-up posts. This works well for older blog posts or articles that share a common theme.
- Syndicate and Share: Syndicate your repurposed content on relevant platforms. If you’ve converted a blog post into a guest post or an article on a reputable site, you’re reaching a new audience while expanding your brand’s reach.
- Track and Measure: Finally, monitor the performance of your repurposed content. Are you meeting your goals? Use analytics to gauge engagement, website traffic, conversion rates, and social media metrics.
Content repurposing is an art that every content marketer should master. It allows you to make the most of your existing content, reach new audiences, and breathe new life into old favorites. By following this step-by-step guide and keeping your goals in mind, you can unlock the full potential of your content library, ensuring that your efforts continue to drive results long after the initial publication.